Friday, February 1, 2013

Mastering Mind: My Birthday

Today is my 29th birthday.  To be perfectly honest, I’m feeling very apathetic about the whole thing.  I think I’m getting to that stage in life where it’s just another day.  Just another year.

I can think of several reasons why I might have cultivated this blasé attitude this year; my husband isn’t here to celebrate with me, I’ve been consumed with so much sadness, I’m having a hard time celebrating anything, I was away for a long weekend in January and spent so much time planning that, that I didn’t really plan for my birthday, it’s not a milestone birthday.

But as I write this, the real reason is surfacing and it’s because over the last few years my birthday has been clouded by bad events.  Unconsciously, I’m waiting for the other shoe to drop.  So, what does all this have to do with Mastering my Mind this week?

Well, this year I am going to actively change my mind.  Change my outlook.  Change my expectations.  And, how, you ask, will I do that?  A Gong Bath, of course!!

When the e-mail appeared in my inbox that this Gong Bath was occurring, I knew immediately what I wanted to do to celebrate my birthday and enter into the next year of my life!

Today I will mindfully set an intention for the Gong Bath and my this next year.  Tonight, I will lay down in Shavasana for 90 beautiful minutes and let the sounds and vibrations of the gong and the Starnes Sisters voices wash over me, heal me and reinvigorate me for my year ahead.

*If I peaked your interest, more information about Gong Baths can be found here.*

No comments: