Monday, February 25, 2013

Mastering Body: Half Marathon Schedule

*Sorry for the odd posting time (I try to make it a point to post at 3pm on Monday, Wednesday, Friday), but there was no internet at work today, so blogging had to wait*

Last year I ran my first marathon.  It was a great experience, but training was long and hard and time consuming.  Not quite what I am looking for this year. So the Pilot suggested a series of half marathons over the race season, all about 6 to 8 weeks apart.

About a week ago we selected the races and then Saturday night we started the registration process.

Here is the schedule:

  1. Chi Town Half Marathon on March 24, 2013
  2. Rockford Half Marathon on May 19, 2013
  3. Rock ‘n Roll Chicago on July 21, 2013
  4. Fox Valley Half Marathon on September 22, 2013

I hope to improve my time with each race, but I don’t know yet how fast I can go.  I’ve selected this 6 week training program to start with, basically because I only had 6 weeks to train and I prefer to run as few days as possible Winking smile

After a baseline race and to start improving, I’ll probably move to this training plan, which I’ve used before and LOVED!!

Signing up for the races really gets me motivated to run consistently, so I’m excited for this race season to get underway.  Wish me luck!!

*You can follow my training on dailymile*

No comments: