Friday, March 8, 2013

Mastering Mind: Flexibility

This week I took a big step and planned out my work outs.  I carefully looked at my schedule figuring out what I was capable of doing, on what day, at what time. Typically, I vaguely commit to working out and then do to a lack of any real planning and organization, something gets in the way and I don’t do it.

With this approach, I decided that Thursday was going to be my rest day.  I was working from 11 to 7 and seeing 6 clients during that time.  I knew there was no way I would work out before work and I knew I wouldn’t want to work out after that kind of day.

Then Wednesday came around and a string of several crises' got in the way of my day working out as I had envisioned (including my pre-planned work out).  Slowly, but surely, Thursday’s schedule started to shift and I realized I could work out on Thursday and make Wednesday my rest day.

This week, my commitment to working out was planned and strong.  Being that detailed, helped me remain committed to working out, instead of throwing in the towel like I would have on other weeks.  But, also, I wasn’t so hyper focused that I wasn’t able to problem solve and switch things around.

That was a great victory for this “all or nothing” girl!

No comments: