Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Insomnia

Stress battles my body and always wins. If I am too stressed for too long, I get sick. Or I suffer from serious sleep disturbances.

My father lost his job on Friday and the first question the Pilot asked was, "Are you going to be able to sleep tonight?" Yesterday morning, I woke up slightly before my 5:30 alarm to a boyfriend saying, "I'm wide awake and I have watching you try to sleep for the last two hours."

He admitted that he had remained awake to stroke my back for an hour to keep me asleep. My restless sleep is, apparently, very loud. I toss and turn, grind my teeth and last night, I actually whimpered. My poor boyfriend!!

I turned my alarm off and skipped my last day of class, forgoing the points for a presentation due. I needed the sleep and after the decision was made the Pilot was finally able to sleep as well. I crawled out of bed at 10:30.

Now however, I can't sleep again! I'm hoping Tylenol PM is a miracle drug because the Pilot and I are in separate beds and there will be no back rubs or hands through my hair tonight. I am so blessed to have him my life.

I've caught a great guy, now if only I could catch some zzz's!

No comments: