Monday, July 27, 2009

information overload & droopy eyes

I caved. I joined Twitter. More so for my own entertainment, than for the need to gather followers. On Friday night, I found myself carrying on internal dialogue in the form of tweets or Facebook status updates, so Saturday morning I joined, so I could stop talking to myself in fragmented sentences.

Staring at the computer screen to write papers, tweet or blog is making my eyes tired. But, even worse I am just physically and mentally exhausted. All. The. Time.

The Pilot says it is because of my new intense (half-marathon) training schedule. If that is the case, I am screwed. I am beginning to lose my energy to follow that. I am canceling plans with very understanding friends. I am crying over spilled milk. I am going to bed angry at the Pilot because he isn't tired and therefore I'm tossing and turning with the light on. I am over-scheduling and under-performing. I am guzzling coffee to the point of shaking. I feel like I cannot catch a break and get ahead. My to-do lists are enormous and continue to grow, despite successfully completing some tasks.

My emotional response to my move has been unexpected and overwhelming. Many issues are arising within me that warrant a, "I'll have to work on that," insight response. So add self-improvement to the to-do list.

All in all, I am tired of being tired.

No comments: