Wednesday, July 22, 2009

New Digs. New Determination.

At the end of May my roommate and I packed up our "too small" apartment in "too far away" Lincoln Square and moved into a huge garden apartment in "trendy" Wicker Park. Three weeks later, I received a frantic phone call from my roommate, "the apartment is flooding."

So...I moved back in with my parents. For more reasons than a flooded, mold-growing apartment. But for reasons too personal to disclose here. The Pilot discussed the situation in eloquent fashion, "If not biblical, it's certainly literary. A flood. Then re-birth."

I'm adjusting to the new living situation, slowly. But the one thing keeping me sane is my determination to throw myself completely into my half marathon training. That's right, after one successful 8 mile run I decided I had enough distance behind me to spend the money and run 13.1 miles in September.

I have so many blog ideas running through my head. It is so hard to get them down as quickly as I think of them. I promise to write more regularly- especially to update on my half-marathon training progress.

Good luck out there ;-)
(That's an ode to Ben, btw)

No comments: