Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Mastering Body: What’s Working This Time

Several times during my inconsistent blogging career, I’ve made grand proclamations about losing weight and documenting my process on the blog (examples are here, here and here).  While I do not consistently share the results (usually because there are none) I have shared some successes too (here and here).

This lack of project completion makes me scared to share (anything) on the blog.  Other bloggers talk about how their blog and their blog readers hold them accountable…I haven’t found that motivation (maybe because I haven’t found readers?)

But, (fingers crossed) things are going well over here in the weight loss/body confidence department, so I wanted to share with you what is helping (this time).

  • My new bike (mine is white, looks super hot and was an early wedding gift from the Pilot; pictures to come)
  • The Garmin Forerunner 210 (another early wedding present!!  What should I get him?)
  • The 17 day diet (forcing me to eat what I already know I should be eating)
  • Eat, Drink and Be Gorgeous (reminding me that moderation is key and to eat my protein first)
  • My Fitness Pal (free calorie counter that has a HUGE database of calorie counts and the android app has barcode scanner to make food tracking even easier!)
  • Peanut Butter Fingers (Julie’s motivation to wake up early and exercise daily is morning inspiration for me)
  • Carrots N Cake (I love everything about Tina’s blog, but her real life confessions make me realize we are all human and that we all struggle from time to time)
  • Healthy Tipping Point (Caitlin is the author of Operation Beautiful, a book I recommend to clients struggling with self-esteem issues, whose writing potential was discovered through her blog.  Have I mentioned that I have a book idea?) 
  • Meal and Miles (Meghann has given me the guts to try all sorts of fun and wacky food combinations to keep my limited food intake exciting)
  • The Fitnessista (Gina’s exercise recommendations leave no reason for me to become bored at the gym or enter into an exercise rut)
  • Pretty Little Words (Shout out to fellow Chicago blogger, Laura, who I recently discovered and was immediately jealous of her witty writing style)

So that’s it folks; these are the things I am finding most helpful and supportive as I attempt to lose weight and shape-up this time (for my wedding!).

1 comment:

Laura @ prettylittlewords said...

mega love for you, girl! jealous of your new bike!!!!!!