Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Heart Healthy

Friday February 5 was wear National Wear Red Day to support Heart Disease Awareness in Women.  I sported red...did you?!

Sunday February 7 was the 2 year anniversary of my father undergoing open-heart surgery!!

For the past couple of years, February has been a rough month for me, despite starting with my birthday!  This year and years to come will be different because February is American Heart month.  I want to figure out a way to make Heart health a priority in my life, the lives of my loved ones and society at large.  I guess I'll start by donating!!

American Heart Association
Cardiovascular Health Test from my local hospital

Over the last few years this issue has become incredibly important to me and it is something I am becoming increasing passionate about.  I have some other ideas cooking, but what can you think of to help spread awareness?

No comments: