Saturday, September 19, 2009

dropping weight

This morning I weighed:


It was the rocky road ice cream dessert I had yesterday ;-)

Yesterday was uneventful.  I had to have dinner provided for me while I was babysitting.  Luckily, Cindy had just made a HUGE batch of vegetarian soup.  It was very good and filling!  Unfortunately, I came home and snacked on a couple of things.

I'm feeling incredibly dehydrated, but the taste of water just is not cutting it right now.  I hate that!  I can proudly report, however, that I have not had a sip of alcohol in about three weeks!  Two weeks before the half I decided to stop until after the race, but I did not really miss it, I was not craving it, and it was not what I needed to celebrate my running success, so I still have not had any!

I finally forced myself to do my first "post-race-not-training-for-anything" weights workout.  I did 1 exercise (3 sets of 8) for each major muscle group.  I even managed to challenge myself a little bit, which included trying a dumbbell chest press with 25lbs (after 5, I couldn't do anymore and basically dropped the weight on my boob!). 

I was hoping the urge to run would strick me.  But it was just too hot in the gym to hop on the treadmill because it's game day and I had to work out in my Florida State gear (which is a pants outfit).  So basically I chose fashion over working out ;-)

We've got big black and gold plans for tomorrow!  I can't wait to tell you all about it.

No comments: