Wednesday, December 2, 2009

10 lbs down- Operation update

I am 10 lbs lighter.  BUT, I still have 10 more to go before we leave for Orlando on January 7th!  That's a little over a month, with major holidays thrown in there.  No holiday treats for me this year.

Thanksgiving was a rough day.  I ate and ate and ate.  I was not even hungry at dinner time and still managed to lick the plate clean.  I felt awful before, during and afterwards.  But when I feel guilty about my eating habits, I usually just eat more, it makes no sense.

This past week has been an intense battle, both physically and emotoinally.  I did not like how I was feeling in either realm and discomfort with my emotions would feed on the discomfort physically or vice versa.  Things were spiraling out of control.  Carbs seemed to be one answer and laziness was the other.

I am recovering this week and looking back on last week in horror and disgust.  But, awareness is 9/10 of the battle.  I.  Am.  Aware.  I do NOT want to be like that.  I did not like the way I felt then.  And I do not like the way I feel now (thinking about it).  I do not like that I have overcome so much and still sabatoge my progress.

I have got to make my health a priority and figure out how to fit the workouts into a routine; around practicum, babysitting and sleep.  I am having serious scheduling difficulties.  I need a decent amount of sleep, and therefore can not force myself up early in the morning to get the workout in before practicum.  And I leave practicum so late at night, that the gym is usually only open for an hour by the time I get there.  I am making excuses, not finding solutions.  Ugh!

I have got to take a long hard look at what I am going through and re-prioritize. 
Have you ever done a major life re-prioritizing?  Any tips?

No comments: