Monday, November 26, 2007

They can't buy a break

My cousin, Stevie, used that quote on Saturday afternoon when talking about the horror show that was the Florida State Seminoles vs. Florida Gators game. For those of you who don't follow college football or more specifically my Noles, he was expressing this because we were losing, losing badly and could not seem to do anything to recover and at least muster some style points while being slaughtered.

But the quote struck me...it seems to apply perfectly to my current relationship situation. I've been single for (in my opinion) too long and then I finally met someone who I was attracted to, could carry an intelligent conversation with, enjoyed being around and missed when we were apart, and so on a so forth. It was fun and it was going well. Then he got a new job. A great new job that has time commitments way beyond what I can even comphrend. His job is more time consuming then my doctorate program, something I never thought was possible. So in short, in this case, the timing wasn't right. We hadn't been in a "relationship" long enough to withstand not seeing eachother or talking to each other so it essentially ended. He came into my life, then the job came into his and the timing of everything plucked him back out of my life.

When it comes to my life I can't buy a break.

No comments: